Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reading for October

by Allen Watson

REVISION: I goofed! The capture of Jericho takes place in Chapter 6 of Joshua! To include that, we need to read the first six chapters. I don't think we have any chance of covering six chapters in 1.5 hours next Sunday, but we can pick one or two of the chapters to concentrate on, with the rest as background.

POSTED EARLIER

The reason I have posted a version of five chapters of Joshua (see the entry below), instead of just the two chapters originally assigned for our October meeting, is that on reading over those two chapters, I feel they don't cover some of the most interesting parts of the story, like the actual crossing of the Jordan River into the Promised Land, and the conquest of Jericho, whose "walls came tumbling down," as the song goes. So, I am recommending that everyone read over all five of the first chapters.
blog comments powered by Disqus